Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Writing Assignment 4 - Post 5

A one alarm fire early Monday morning at a high rise apartment left one woman injured and a baby with smoke inhalation, authorities said.

Arnetta Sands, 36, resident of North Aisquith Street, was spraying insecticide from an aerosol can in her kitchen when the fumes were ignited by the stove shortly after midnight. A wall shared with the adjacent apartment caught fire, causing it to collapse.

The shared wall fell on the crib of 10-day-old Andre Henderson, who was treated and released at Johns Hopkins Hospital for possible smoke inhalation. Firefighters removed a large portion of the wall off of the crib at the scene.

Sands was treated for first degree burns at Church Home and Hospital. Renee Henderson, 23, the newborn's mother, was uninjured. No one was severely injured or killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment